Benefits of Eco-Friendly Pest Control: 5 Reasons To Go Green With Your Pest Control Solutions
No matter the time of the year, pests can be a real problem for residents in and throughout Washington State. As one of the most beautiful states in the country, Washington provides plenty of space for beautiful wildlife, lush natural wonders, and an exorbitance of bugs determined to make life harder than it has to be.
Due to the fact that Washington is home to such a conducive natural environment for pests, it is important that homeowners key in on the benefits of eco-friendly pest control solutions. There is a way to enjoy a pest-free home without damaging the environment or leaving toxic chemicals inside of our homes.
Let’s take some time to underscore the importance of eco-friendly pest control while also emphasizing the benefits of professional pest control services.
The True Cost of Chemical Pesticides
Before we can delve into the natural benefits provided by eco-friendly pest control solutions, we must understand why chemical pesticides are so intensely frowned upon. According to a publication compiled by Dr.P.H. Michael C.R. Alavanja, more than 1.8 billion pounds of raw chemical pesticides are used throughout the United States every single year.
Chemical pesticides travel far and wide no matter how targeted they have been applied. This means that chemical pesticides can freely roam throughout the environment for days, weeks, and even years. Even though pesticides are often marketed as ‘non-toxic’ that does not mean that they are safe.
Here are a few quick takeaways that should be remembered when discussing how dangerous chemical pesticides can be.
- Due to chemical pesticide use, honeybee populations around the country are plummeting.
- Chronic pesticide exposure has been reportedly linked to cancer, genetic defects, nerve disorders, blood disorders, and even birth defects.
- Short-term symptoms associated with exposure to pesticides include dizziness, skin irritation, and even mild-to-intense headaches.
- Chemical pesticide run-off has led to significant damage to some of the world’s most fragile ecosystems, including the Florida Everglades.
While we have been far from exhaustive in covering the damages that conventional pesticides can render upon the environment, we’ve given readers plenty of reason to consider eco-friendly pesticide services in the future. In fact, with the right team of professionals, eco-friendly pest control can be the perfect solution to your commercial or residential pest problem.
Primary Benefits When Using Eco-Friendly Pest Control Services
Now that we have a better understanding of chemical pesticides and the impact they can have on our shared world, we must look at organic and eco-friendly pest control solutions. Here in Washington, depending on the season, you could end up dealing with cockroaches, termites, spiders, ants, mosquitos, rodents, and wasps.
With an eco-friendly pest control team by your side, your home or business can enjoy the following perks.
- Longer Lasting Solutions – When discussing eco-friendly pest control, we must belabor the fact that it is outright more effective than conventional chemicals. Insects will quickly adapt and evolve to resist certain chemicals. With eco-friendly pest control treatments, these same insects will have significantly more trouble adapting. What does this mean? The pest control solutions you book today will last longer than ever.
- Protect Your Landscaping – Traditional chemical pest solutions must be re-applied at least monthly, depending on the severity of an infestation. With repeated applications, your land and property will incur damage. The toxic chemicals present in many traditional pest control treatments can lead to plants dying, grass browning, and bushes shriveling up. Additionally, chemicals that enter your soil will stay there for years and years to come.
- Healthier For the Household – While we want to take care of the land around our home, we must also prioritize the health of the people within it. One of the primary benefits of eco-friendly pest control is safety. Eco-friendly pest control solutions are minimally-toxic and better for yourself, your pets, and the environment surrounding you all.
- Avoid Strong Odors – We don’t need to tell you that toxic chemical pesticides can be odorous in the best of situations. Long after having your home bombed or cleaned by a chemical pesticide, you might still find yourself worrying about the odor or long-term exposure of those elements. With eco-friendly solutions, you and your family can rest easy as strong odors are not part of the equation. No harsh smell, no strong odors, no worries at all!
- Affordable Convenience – Sometimes it is simply more convenient and affordable to do the right thing! Eco-friendly pest control solutions are more accessible than ever thanks to companies like EcoTek Pest Control. With a free inspection followed by quick scheduling services, eco-friendly solutions are as effective as they are easy to afford.
Contact EcoTek Pest Control For Pest Control Solutions
When it comes time to tackle the pests that have taken over your home, you need to call the only eco-friendly pest control experts in the Spokane Area you can count on, EcoTek Pest Control. EcoTek is focused on providing winning pest control services to clients throughout Eastern Washington. Certified and insured, the team at EcoTek is locally operated and focused on eco-friendly solutions.
The team at EcoTek Pest Control specializes in everything from interior and exterior spraying to rodent control, de-webbing, and wasp removal services. Request a free inspection today from a locally owned and operated business that is focused on solving your pest control problems.